Minecraft users don’t like being told what they can and can’t build in their blocked, virtual sandbox. Currently the best-selling game of all time, the hit title isn’t going anywhere anytime soon.
It’s quirky as it is addictive, and with multiplayer Minecraft gameplay and the ability to create your own Minecraft server, it’s a great game to play with friends.
Fortunately, the philanthropic Minecraft community has been churning out a fair share of mods since the game’s 2009 release, albeit with increasing complexity levels and Lego-like adoration with each passing update. And thanks to a bunch of custom-build mod launchers, it’s never been easier to start using them.
Here’s our guide on how to install Minecraft mods for every single platform – whether it’s a full blown rework on PC or a simple add-on pack for console players, we’ll show you how to get the job done. We’ve also got the best Minecraft mods to install right now.
How to Install Minecraft Mods on Pc and Mac
If you’re running the original Java version on PC or Mac, the basic steps involved in installing Minecraft mods are:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge (if you haven’t already).
- Download Minecraft mods from a trusted source.
- Place the mod in your Minecraft folder.
- Launch Minecraft like you normally would.
How to Install Mods on Console
Unfortunately, mods do not exist for the console version of Minecraft (Minecraft: Bedrock Edition). Instead, console players can access add-ons from the Marketplace. These add-ons are not free and are limited to skin and texture packs that let you change the way things look in the game.
- Launch Minecraft and select Marketplace from the main menu.
- Choose your skin pack, mash-up pack, world or texture pack of your choice.
- Buy it with Minecoins or credit card.
- To apply the add-on to the world, open World Settings and select Behavior Pack or Resource Pack and toggle on your add-on.
NOTE : There are old ways to add community-made mods to the Xbox One version of Minecraft. However, Microsoft is constantly patching these methods so that they no longer work.
Install mods in Minecraft PE iOS
- Players can browse Mcpedl.com for any add-ons they need, then download them to their phones via the Safari browser. As you browse, keep in mind that you are specifically looking for files containing .McWorld, .McPack, and .McAddon. Only those formats will work on your iOS device.
- Simply skip the ads on the download page, select the green download icon next to the file size, and choose “Open in Minecraft” when it’s done. Downloaded mods begin to load when you see the “Import started” message at the top of your device.
How to Install Minecraft Mods on Other Platforms
If you’re playing Minecraft on a different platform like Xbox One, mods, skins, map packs, and other additions are all referred to as add-ons. On these platforms, the process is even easier:
- Launch Minecraft.
- Click on Store.
- Click on the add-on you want.
NOTE : Add-ons are not free. If you’re playing Minecraft on a platform that uses add-ons instead of mods, there’s no way to install free mods.
How do I use Minecraft mods with Java?
1 Purchase and install Minecraft: Java Edition.
2 Install Java.
3 Install the Forge mod installer.
4 Install and play with your mods.
How do I install CurseForge?
1 Click the “Download” button.
2 The CurseForge / Overwolf Launcher will be saved to your download folder.
3 Double click the installer icon to install the CurseForge Client.
4 Once it’s installed click ‘Launch’ to start.
How do you get Minecoins for free?
1 Microsoft Rewards.
3 Google Opinion Rewards.
4 Easy Cash Rewards- Make Money every day.
5 Win Contests and Give-aways.
6 Beware of Generator websites.